Diageo expands Jalisco distillery as part of a US$ 400 million investment

British premium drinks producer Diageo broke ground for an expansion at its distillery located in the municipality of Atotonilco el Alto, Jalisco. 

The project is part of a US$ 400 million investment plan the company announced in 2015 after the acquisition of tequila Don Julio. The expansion is expected to create 1,000 permanent jobs over the next five years.

Once the expansion is done, Diageo expects to more than duplicate its output from this facility to 45 million liters, 80% of the capacity will be destined for tequila Don Julio while, the other 20% is for Smirnoff vodka.

The among the features in this project are a water treatment facility, a bottling plant and aging storage space, all three totaling 24,000 square meters.

MexicoNow

Related News

AB InBev’s subsidiary Grupo Modelo opens US$ 450 million brewery

Heineken’s global plans for Tecate: to reach up to 70 countries

Mezcales de Leyenda adds two new products crafted in Puebla, San Luis Potosi 

St. Louis-based Luxco builds new tequila distillery in Jalisco

Tequila Cuervo raises US$ 900 million in public offering