Yanfeng Global Automotive Interiors inaugurated its Mexico Technical Center located at the O'Donnell Aeropuerto industrial park, in the municipality of El Marques, Querétaro.
The company invested US$ 50 million in the facility from where it will work in the development and design of products and technology for the automotive industry.
Nathan Bowen, vice president and general manager of Yanfeng Automotive Interiors North America, said that the center will be able to offer better service to customers such as BMW and General Motors, among others.
Yanfeng is a manufacturer of parts for interiors, such as cockpits, instrument and door panels, consoles and lighting technology.
The auto supplier operates three plants in Mexico, one in Saltillo aimed to supply parts for the Derramadero Daimler Trucks plant, one in Ramos Arizpe from where the company supplies FCA and GM, and a thid facility in Queretaro to supply automakers established in the central region of the country.
The company is the result of a joint venture between Yanfeng, one of the largest auto suppliers in China, and Adient, the global leader in automotive seating formerly a part of Johnson Controls.
Yanfeng hold the majority 70% share in the joint venture while Adient owns the remaining 30%.