Automotive lighting supplier Lumileds opens distribution center in the State of Mexico

Automotive lighting supplier Lumileds opens distribution center in the State of Mexico

Warning: foreach() argument must be of type array|object, bool given in /home/mexiconow/public_html/sites/mexiconow/wp-content/themes/mexiconowwpnew/single.php on line 253

Lumileds, a lighting solutions company for the automotive industry, announced the opening of a new warehouse and distribution center in Tepotzotlan, State of Mexico. Lumileds says the new facility is designed to better serve the company’s rapidly growing customer base in Mexico and meet the demand for Philips Automotive Lighting products.

Dave Illes, Lumileds director of sales and marketing, North America Aftermarket, announced the opening of the new distribution facility and noted that it would allow Lumileds to service customers in Mexico in a timelier fashion. 

“In addition to providing some of the world’s best automotive lighting products, the key to our success in Mexico is efficient and timely customer service, and this new warehouse in Tepotzotlán is exactly what we need to get the job done. We can now offer our customers a choice of more SKUs, a wider range of product application coverage and faster delivery,” he said.

Lumileds emerged in November 1999 as a joint venture between Philips Lighting and Agilent Technologies to serve both Original Equipment Manufacturers and Aftermarket distributors. In December 2016, Philips announced an agreement to sell an 80.1% interest in Lumileds to certain funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management, while keeping the remaining 19.9% interest.

The company's catalog contains products that are manufactured in plants around the world, including two facilities of Philips Lighting in Mexico, located in the cities of Monterrey and Tijuana.



- Engineered fasteners supplier EFC International opens distribution center in Queretaro