India: Key Customs and Tax Challenges of Importing and Exporting Automotive Parts
GlobalAutoIndustry.com’s latest Audio Interview “India: Key Customs and Tax Challenges of Importing and Exporting Automotive Parts” features Krishna Barad. Mr. Barad is Partner with the Indirect Tax practice of BDO India, with a special focus on Customs & International Trade. He has over 27 years of experience in Customs, Foreign Trade Policy, International Trade, Shipping & Logistics related matters.
In the 19-minute Audio Interview, Mr. Barad discusses these questions:
- Can you provide a short overview of Indian Automotive Industry (such as provide key highlights, as well as what initiatives taken by Government to help the auto industry?)
- Can you provide insights into Indian Customs Procedures & Challenges in Automotive Sector?
- Can you discuss Digitalisation in customs – Ease of Doing Business Initiatives by Government of India, as well as any Regulatory requirements & changes by Government?
- RE Electric Vehicles and India’s readiness for it – can you provide insights into Customs Compliances & Duty concessions etc.
- Do you have any final thoughts?