Key challenges for the Auto Sector in India: HS Classification & Its importance in Customs Compliance
GlobalAutoIndustry.com’s latest Audio Interview “Key challenges for the Auto Sector in India: HS Classification & Its importance in Customs Compliance” features Krishna Barad. Mr. Barad is a Partner with the Indirect Tax practice of BDO India, with a special focus on Customs & International Trade. He has over 27 years of experience in Customs, Foreign Trade Policy, International Trade, Shipping & Logistics related matters.
In the 19-minute Audio Interview, Mr. Barad discusses these questions:
- What is HS Classification and what is the basis of it?
- Which version of HSN is being used currently, and why is it important in international trade?
- What are the key challenges faced by automotive sector in India?
- What is the impact of the recent case in Thailand, and the Indian judgement of Westinghouse?
- What precaution do companies need to take, and what is the way forward?
- And provides his final thoughts.