The New USMCA: Key Issues, Challenges, and Impact on the Global Automotive Industry
GlobalAutoIndustry.com’s latest Audio Interview “The New USMCA: Key Issues, Challenges, and Impact on the Global Automotive Industry” features Leslie Alan Glick. Mr. Glick is co-chair of the Butzel Long International Trade and Customs Specialty team. He is a specialist in international trade and customs for over 30 years, and is the author of 5 books on international trade and customs topics, including NAFTA and USMCA. He has given a series of seminars on USMCA-NAFTA 2.0. He is active in importer response to new tariffs under sections 232 and 301(have filed over 50 exclusion requests for clients) as well as complex country of origin rulings. He works with US importers and exporters from Mexico, Brazil, Italy, Austria, France, Germany, China, Turkey, Japan and Vietnam.
In the 18-minute Audio Interview, Mr. Glick discusses these questions:
- Can you tell us about the USMCA negotiation process and what took place between the parties and in the U.S. Congress?
- What do you see as the main differences between NAFTA and USMCA?
- What is the impact of these changes on US auto makers and suppliers. Are they better off or worse?
- What do you see as the changes that will result in the US auto industry as a result of USMCA?
- What would be your advice to auto parts suppliers located in Mexico and Canada and in other countries?