China’s Automotive Industry: 2022 Review and 2023 Outlook
GlobalAutoIndustry.com’s latest Audio Interview “China’s Automotive Industry: 2022 Review and 2023 Outlook” features Bill Russo. Mr. Russo is the Shanghai-based Founder and CEO of Automobility Limited, a strategy and investment advisory firm helping its clients to create the future of mobility. His over 40 years of experience includes 16 years as an automotive executive, including 19 years of experience in China and Asia. He has also worked nearly 12 years in the electronics and information technology industries. He has worked as an advisor and consultant for numerous multinational and local Chinese firms in the formulation and implementation of their global market and product strategies. Bill is also currently serving as the Chair of the Automotive Committee at the American Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai.
In the 19-minute Audio Interview, Mr. Russo discusses these questions:
- What will happen to the PV market now that incentives have expired and demand has been pulled ahead into 2023?
- Will there be a speed bump for the NEV market now that purchase subsidies have been eliminated?
- Will China step in to provide additional stimulus and is this even conceivable as China’s economy recovers from zero-COVID?
- With foreign brands now selling fewer than half of cars in China, who will be the next to exit the market?
- With 126 new BEV models and 55 new PHEV models launching in China in 2023, who will be the winners?