Continental opens US$ 167 million plant in San Luis Potosi
Germany-based auto supplier Continental started operations in recent days at a new plant located in San Luis Potosi after a year of construction work and US$ 167 million invested. The facility will host operations for both its Powertrain and Chassis & Safety divisions as it will manufacture brake components and turbochargers.
The company hired 97 workers for the initial phase and expects to increase its workforce up to 250 by next year. By 2019 the plant will have a 518 workers staff and is expected to reach 990 employees once it achieves its full capacity.
The facility manufactures hydraulic brake systems that will integrate solutions for actuation, modulation and brake pressure, as well as to provide information to the electronic system, and their interface with vehicle systems.
This the 16th plant Continental operates in Mexico along with two Research and Development centers.
– Continental starts Head-Up Display production in Guadalajara
– Continental expands facility in Juarez, creates 300 jobs
– Braking solutions manufacturer to open plant in Queretaro
– Mexican manufacturer Rassini to supply brakes for sixth-generation Ford Mustang
– Brembo starts brakes supply for Tesla from Mexican plant