IP and Trademark Protection In The Global Marketplace
GlobalAutoIndustry.com’s latest Audio Interview “IP and Trademark Protection In The Global Marketplace” features Fred Rocafort. Mr. Rocafort is a former diplomat who joined Harris Bricken after more than a decade of international legal experience, primarily in China, Vietnam, and Thailand. His wide range of experience includes starting and operating his own business in Asia, working as an in-house counsel for a Hong Kong-based multinational, as well as many years as a State Department official, providing a client-centric perspective to his legal work. In addition, he is a regular contributor to the award-winning China Law Blog.
In the 23-minute Audio Interview, Mr. Rocafort discusses these questions:
- Why is IP and trademark protection important in the first place for businesses?
- From the perspective of an American or Western company, does doing business internationally change IP and trademark considerations?
- Few companies have an unlimited budget for IP and trademark protection – how should businesses prioritize IP and trademark protection strategies if they are expanding into several overseas markets at the same time?
- Has the COVID-19 pandemic had an impact on IP and trademark protection?
- What are some of the specific steps that companies can take to protect their IP and trademarks overseas?