Manufacturing and R&D: How did Mexico Become the Rising Star on the Global Stage?
GlobalAutoIndustry.com’s latest Audio Interview “Manufacturing and R&D: How did Mexico Become the Rising Star on the Global Stage?” features Gary Swedback. Mr. Swedback is CEO of NAI Mexico and NAI PanAmericas, part of the NAI Global network, a leading industrial and commercial real estate firm. NAIMexico operates 25 offices across Mexico and Latin America, and works with many global customers, including those in the auto industry. Gary is a sought-after speaker on Mexico & Latin America industry and business issues.
In the 29-minute Audio Interview, Mr. Swedback discusses these questions:
- What differences are you seeing in Mexico industrial operations during the last 12 months, and during the last 24 months? What happened during the Pandemic? Are there continuing challenges?
- How has migration from the Pacific Rim Changed? How much is driven by supply chain issues? And how are labor rates in Mexico, compared to Pacific Rim and other markets?
- Is there an impact on Mexico from the Ukraine-Russia war?
- How long will the global operations demand for Mexico Last? Is the surge in activity a cycle? Are there any other sectors that may migrate to Mexico?
- What tools are global firms using to evaluate moving or expanding in Mexico?
The UFLPA: New Critical Developments and Compliance for Auto OEMs and Suppliers
Global EV and Battery Logistics: Key Elements of a Successful Supply Chain
Automotive Investments in Mexico: Changes during past 12 months - China, Nearshoring, Ukraine, Chips...
China’s Automotive Industry: 2022 Review and 2023 Outlook