Kia Motors Mexican output to be launched in 65 new markets

Kia Motors Mexican output to be launched in 65 new markets

Warning: foreach() argument must be of type array|object, bool given in /home/mexiconow/public_html/sites/mexiconow/wp-content/themes/mexiconowwpnew/single.php on line 254

Korean automaker Kia Motors announced that the new Rio sedan built in Pesqueria, Nuevo Leon, was selected by the company to be launched over 65 new markets, including countries such Egypt, United Arab Emirates and Jordan. Additionally, the Forte, which is also made in Pesqueria, will be exported to 10 countries.

Horacio Chavez, General Director for Kia Mexico, said that 80% of the Rio output in Pesqueria will be shipped overseas while the rest 20% is built for domestic market. The Company has a 22,000 sales goal for 2017 in Mexico, up 10,000 units from the 2016 mark. 

Kia projects 300,000 vehicles output for 2017, of those 40% will be Rio units both sedan and hatchback versions. The other 60% consists of three different models, Forte cars both sedan and hatchback version, and the Hyundai Accent.    

The facility has now a second shift is prospected to start a third shift by the end of the year, totaling a 3,000-people labor force in the Kia plant.

The economy currently has a good stability level, the only real concern as industry is the exchange rate the prices will have to be adjusted to, said company officials.


Related News

- Kia to invest US$ 150 million in Nuevo Leon this year

- Kia’s Mexican sales may offer solutions to U.S. border tax

- Hyundai, Kia to rely on Mexico to achieve 2017 sales target

- KIA reaches new incentive agreement with Nuevo Leon authorities

- Kia officially inaugurates its US$ 3 billion plant in Nuevo Leon