Toyota readies to ramp up production at Tijuana facility

Toyota readies to ramp up production at Tijuana facility

Warning: foreach() argument must be of type array|object, bool given in /home/mexiconow/public_html/sites/mexiconow/wp-content/themes/mexiconowwpnew/single.php on line 253

A US$ 150 million expansion at the Toyota assembly plant in Tijuana, Baja California is almost complete and trial runs are expected to begin in January 2018, company officials revealed to local media in recent days. 

The investment aims to increase production capacity by 60% to 160,000 Tacoma pickups per year. “The goal is that a new vehicle rolls out of the facility every two minutes,” said Mike Bafan, president of Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mexico.

As part of the expansion, 400 workers will be recruited for the new production line during the first year of operations, the official added.

The plant currently exports 90% of its output mainly to the rest of North America, while the rest 10% is destined to supply the Mexican market.


Related News

- Toyota confirms production, investment scale back in Guanajuato plant

- Toyota Tacoma earns top rating in IIHS small overlap front test

- Analyst: Toyota 4Runner, the SUV likely to build in Guanajuato