U.S. R&D Tax Incentives for Auto OEMs and Supplier Manufacturers
GlobalAutoIndustry.com’s latest Audio Interview “U.S. R&D Tax Incentives for Auto OEMs and Supplier Manufacturers” features Todd Sutherland, Director of Research Tax Credit Practice for UHY U.S. Mr. Sutherland has over 20 years of accounting experience across a wide industry spectrum. He specializes in helping clients claim research and development tax credits, and defending research and development tax credit claims under IRS examination.
In the 10-minute Audio Interview, Mr. Sutherland discusses these questions:
- What is the U.S. Research Tax Credit?
- What is the biggest misconception related to the Research Tax Credit?
- Are their particular opportunities with the Research Tax Credit in the automotive industry?
- What is required for a Research tax credit study? Does a company have to keep certain records or go back and recreate records or time reporting?
- Are there any IRS audit concerns with claiming a Research Tax Credit? Is this an annual benefit and what if a business can’t use the credits this year?