German manufacturer Kamax to build US$ 45 million plant in Guanajuato

German manufacturer Kamax announced plans to invest US$ 45 million in the municipality of Leon, Guanajuato to build a plant dedicated to the production of high strength fasteners for the automotive market.

The facility, Kamax first manufacturing site in Latin America, will be located in the Colinas de Leon industrial park. The company plans to open 215 job positions in order to star operations by March 2019.  

Kamax has already orders in Mexico for US$ 25 million, company officials said during the ceremony to unveil the investment plan, which took place at the Hannover Messe 2018 industrial fair in Germany. 

The company employs 3,300 workers at facilities in Germany, Spain, Czech Republic, United States and China. 

Around 72% of its sales come from light car manufacturers while the remaining 28% comes from the commercial vehicles segment. BMW, General Motors and Volkswagen are among its main customers.

MexicoNow

Related News

Mazda considers building a new model in Guanajuato

Bosch builds a US$ 120 million smart factory in Guanajuato

Japanese manufacturer Ashimori opens its second plant in Guanajuato