Mondelez performs US$ 15 million update at cream cheese plant in Ecatepec

Mondelez performs US$ 15 million update at cream cheese plant in Ecatepec

Warning: foreach() argument must be of type array|object, bool given in /home/mexiconow/public_html/sites/mexiconow/wp-content/themes/mexiconowwpnew/single.php on line 253

Mondelez Mexico has invested US$ 15 million to update equipment and facilities at its production site located in Ecatepec, State of Mexico, dedicated to the production of Philadelphia Cream Cheese.

The subsidiary of Illinois-based global food and drinks producer, Mondelez International, produces 31,000 tons of cheese each year of which 88% is sold in the Mexican market, while the remaining 12% is exported to Central and South America. 

The Ecatepec complex is one of the three most important in volume within the company's global operations, just below Germany and Australia.

"During this year, an investment of US$ 15 million was made to modernize the infrastructure of the plant through the implementation of a new technological process that will optimize the consumption of raw materials while improving the capacity and performance of production lines," said the company in a statement.

The new technology, which will start in the last quarter of 2018, will allow a better use of raw materials derived from the production of cream cheese such as Acid Serum and Protein Concentrate.

According to the company, Philadelphia Cream Cheese is one of the most important brands in the Mondelez International portfolio. In Mexico, the brand is present in almost 50% of Mexican households.


Related News

- Mondelez invests US$ 133 million over 3 years at Puebla facility

- Mars Petcare opens US$ 50 million plant in Queretaro; fourth overall in Mexico

- Regardless of NAFTA, Ferrero Rocher weighs investments in Mexico for up to US$ 200 million