Grupo Infra inaugurates US$ 180 million power plant in Veracruz

Mexican authorities and Grupo Infra officials inaugurated an efficient cogeneration power plant, which implied a US$ 180 million investment in Coatzacoalcos, state of Veracruz.

The facility will add 141 MW to the state’s installed capacity. Grupo Infra will use 20% of output on its own production sites, while the rest 80% will be sold to its partners over the country.

During the construction process Grupo Infra and its partners created 3,000 direct and indirect jobs. 

The company’s main business is to supply industrial gases, medical oxygen and welding products to food and drink, manufacturing, health and petrochemical industries.

Private companies have opened 14 efficient cogeneration plants since the Government approved the Energy Reform in 2013, adding up to 432 MW to the national power grid.

MexicoNow

Related News

Iberdrola plans to build a new US$ 600 million power plant in Mexico

As renewable power overtakes coal, here’s how Mexico has been doing its part