Volkswagen production in Mexico hike 12% in October; exports up 15%

Volkswagen production in Mexico hike 12% in October; exports up 15%

Warning: foreach() argument must be of type array|object, bool given in /home/mexiconow/public_html/sites/mexiconow/wp-content/themes/mexiconowwpnew/single.php on line 254

From January through October 2017, German automaker Volkswagen built in Mexico 405,454 vehicles, a 16.3% increase compared to the 348,594 units manufactured during the same ten-month period of 2016, according to data from the Mexican Automotive Industry Association (AMIA).

The company exported 324,040 of those vehicles through October, which also represents a 16.7% hike compared to the 277,639 units shipped last year over the same ten months.

Just last month, 48,302 vehicles rolled out of the Volkswagen facility located in Cuautlancingo, Puebla, a 12.1% increase against the 43,072 units from October 2016. Out of those vehicles manufactured in October, a total 31,412 were cars, which represents a 65.1% share, while the other 34.9% (16,890 units) were compact SUVs, namely the Tiguan in both outgoing and redesigned versions.

Exports during October totaled 35,847 cars and compact SUVs, up 15% compared to the 31,175 units shipped overseas in the same month last year. Out of those, a total 22,485 units or a 63% share were cars, while the other 13,362 (37%) were compact SUVs.


Related News

- Nissan leads as Mexico’s largest auto producer; GM outperforms it in exports

- Mexico’s auto production reaches new record high in October